One of our most-anticipated, highly requested Literature Guides is now available! Our Common Core and NCTE/IRA Standards-Based Literature Guides for The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins has now been released! (*Currently only available in PDF/E-Guide download. Print version coming soon!) Over 300 pages of materials, designed for grades 7-9 including:
- 19 specific Pre-Reading Ideas and Activity Prompts
- Author Biography on Suzanne Collins with corresponding questions
- Article on the Myth of Theseus with corresponding questions
- Historical Context article on Propaganda
- Historical Context article on Roman Influences
- Allusions, Terminology, and Sayings from the novel (defined and explained)
- Vocabulary lists with and without definitions
- List of Characters with explanations
- Note-Taking and Summarizing pages
- Comprehension Check/Study Guide Questions for each Chapter
- Standards Focus/Literary Analysis activities on Characters, In Medias Res, Building a Fictional World, Character Analysis, Literary Archetypes, Point of View, Conflict, Character Map, Map of the Setting, Inner Thoughts, Foreshadowing, and more
- Assessment Preparation activities on Verb Tenses and Moods, Coordinate and Cumulative Adjectives, Etymology, Author’s Purpose, Writing with Purpose/Concise Word Choice, Reflective Writing, Word Choice, Audience, Writing Powerful Sentences, Showing Not Telling, and more
- Three Different “Hands-On/Active” Activities
- Reading and Vocabulary Quizzes
- Final Tests
- Teacher Guide with Sample Agenda
- Summary of the Novel
- Rubrics for Projects
- Post-Reading Ideas and Alternative Assessment Ideas
- and more!
To view sample pages and/or purchase now CLICK HERE!
Thanks for stopping by!